🤬🤐😅 This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Kyle Hall. Kyle Hall works on the content team at wikiHow. He helps manage our team of editors and creates content for a variety of wikiHow projects. Kyle continually looks for new ways to improve the content at wikiHow and make it more helpful and enjoyable for readers. He graduated from Eckerd College in 2015, where he majored in Political Science.
This article has been viewed 1,153 times.
🤬🤐😅 Noticed the 🍄 (mushroom) emoji popping up in texts, dating apps, TikTok, Twitter, and Snapchat and wondering what it means? This fun fungi emoji actually has more meanings than you might think, and some of them are pretty surprising. To help you out, we went foraging for all of the different 🍄 emoji meanings, including what it’s slang for and what it means sexually. Keep reading to become a 🍄 emoji expert (basically an emoji mycologist).
Section 1 of 4:🍄 (Mushroom) Emoji Meanings
- 1The 🍄 emoji represents all mushrooms and fungi. Whether you encountered a cool cluster of mushrooms on your hike or attempted to make stuffed mushrooms for the very first time, the 🍄 emoji is the perfect choice when you post about it.XResearch source
- "Encountered this peculiar mushroom in the woods today. I was oddly tempted to eat it 🍄"
- "I’ve never tried 🍄 before. Do they actually taste good?"
- "I think I’m going to go forage for mushrooms today 🍄🍄🍄"
- 2The 🍄 emoji can also be used to warn that something is poisonous. The 🍄 emoji is a depiction of toadstool mushrooms, which are poisonous and inedible, after all. If someone is warning that something’s toxic or not safe to eat, they might throw in a 🍄 emoji for good measure.XResearch source
- "You definitely DO NOT want to eat those berries—they’re super poisonous! 🍄💀"
- "Never eat wild mushrooms you haven’t confidently identified. Some can be highly toxic 🍄"
- "Just discovered the beautiful flowers I’ve been tending to all spring are extremely poisonous, great 🍄🤦"
- 3People often use the 🍄 emoji to symbolize forests and nature. If you want to convey just how magical the trickling creek you saw in the woods was or how incredible the campsite you and your friends hiked to ended up being, the 🍄 emoji is a great option.
- "Went on the most peaceful hike through the woods this morning 🌲🍄🦌"
- "Excited to spend my entire weekend immersed in nature 🐻🍄🌲🏞"
- "So I’m usually not a nature person, but I actually had so much fun camping in the forest all weekend 🌲🌲🌲🍄🍄🍄"
- 4Some people use the 🍄 emoji when referring to Super Mario Bros. Who doesn’t remember chasing after mushrooms to power up in the video game Super Mario Bros? If someone posts about the game (or any character from the Mario universe, for that matter) and uses the 🍄 emoji, that’s why.
- "All I want right now is to eat candy and play Super Mario Bros 🍄"
- "Having a mini crisis right now. Can’t decide whether Peach or Daisy is my favorite video game princess 🍄 #sorryzelda"
- "Did anyone else used to stay up all night at sleepovers playing Mario Kart? 🍄🚗"
Section 2 of 4:What is the 🍄 (mushroom) emoji slang for?
- 1The 🍄 emoji can be code for "magic" (psychedelic) mushrooms. If someone on social media is talking about the "amazing trip" they had or posting about some kind of mind-altering experience and pairing it with the 🍄 emoji, it could be a drug reference. Specifically, a reference to psychedelic mushrooms that cause hallucinations when you eat them.XResearch source
- "Had the most unforgettable trip this weekend 🍄🌈"
- "Pretty sure everyone was on 🍄 at the music festival I went to."
- "Has anyone ever done 🍄 before?"
- 2The 🍄 emoji can also be sexting slang for someone's genitals. Like its cousin, the 🍆 emoji, the 🍄 emoji has been co-opted by sexters because of its resemblance to a penis.
- "🍄 🍑 📞"
- "Can’t wait to see you later 🍄😉"
- "I’m so turned on right now 🥵🍄"
- 3Some people use the 🍄 emoji as a funny way of saying "what the f**k." If your friend texts you something totally bizarre and random, sometimes the best response is the 🍄 emoji.
- "🍄 what did I just watch dude?"
- "Actually speechless 🍄🦗🦗🦗"
Section 3 of 4:What does the 🍄 (mushroom) emoji mean on Messenger?
- If you see the 🍄 emoji on Messenger, it means you're using the cottagecore theme. Facebook Messenger allows users to choose custom themes that change the backgrounds of their messages. If you or someone you're messaging chooses the cottagecore theme, your message thread will have a cottagecore background, and the usual thumbs-up emoji that appears in the bottom-right corner will be replaced with the 🍄 emoji.
Section 4 of 4:Fun 🍄 (Mushroom) Emoji Combinations
- Pair the 🍄 emoji with other emojis to change its meaning. Here are some fun emoji combinations you can try (plus what they mean):
- 🍄☁️️ = mushroom cloud
- 🍄🥘 = mushroom soup
- 🎩👉🐇🍄 = magic mushroom
- 🍄💡 = mushroom lamp
- 🥦🍄🍜 = stir-fry
- 🍄🧺 = foraging for mushrooms
- 🐸🍄 = toadstool
- 🍄☠ = deadly mushroom