This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Ellie Salyers. Ellie Salyers is a Technology Writer for wikiHow. Ellie has experience working for a data science startup, as well as writing analytically and creatively for college courses. She has written a number of how-to articles in the technology and social media spaces. She is currently earning her Bachelor's Degree from NYU in Social & Cultural Analysis alongside a double minor in Creative Writing and Studio Art.
This article has been viewed 21,191 times.
Do you want to be able to look at Instagram without having an account? While you won’t have access to all Instagram features, there are a few ways you can check out someone’s profile and Instagram Story if their account is public. This wikiHow article will teach you how to view someone’s Instagram without an account.
Method 1Method 1 of 3:Viewing Profiles using the Instagram Website
- 1Find the username of the Instagram account you want to view. This method allows you to view a specific account, so you should first find the profile’s username.
- 2Open up your preferred web browser on a computer. You aren’t able to use the mobile app without an account, so you'll need to use a computer.XResearch source
- We recommend using private mode, as you will likely run into fewer website blocks.
- 3Type the profile URL into the address bar. The only way to view Instagram is to go directly to a profile, so you should type in a profile-specific URL. Simply type in the username right after instagram.com/
- For example, if you wanted to view Beyoncé’s Instagram, you would type in: instagram.com/beyonce.
- 4Scroll through their Instagram. Now that you’ve arrived at the page, scroll through their posts!
- Keep in mind that you will have limited functionality. For example, you won’t be able to view Stories or click on a post to see the caption, comments, or likes. Follow the next two methods for more viewing options!
Method 2Method 2 of 3:Using a Third-Party Website to View Someone’s Instagram Story
- 1Type https://storiesdown.com into your preferred web browser. On your mobile device or computer, open up your preferred web browser and type this into the address bar.
- 2Type an Instagram username into the search bar. At the top of the website, there’s a white search bar. This is where you can type in the username of the profile that you want to view.
- 3Tap or click on . This is the black button inside of the search bar.
- 4View their Instagram Story. After the website loads, simply scroll down to view the user’s Instagram Story.
- Keep in mind that this function is only available if the user has a public account. Also, you won’t be able to view anything if the user doesn’t currently have anything on their Story.
- 5Click on (optional). If you want to download the Instagram story to your device, simply click on Download underneath the Story.
Method 3Method 3 of 3:Using a Third-Party Website to View an Instagram Account
- 1Type https://imginn.com into your preferred web browser. On your mobile device or computer, open up your preferred web browser and type this into the address bar.
- 2Type an Instagram username into the search bar. This is a white search bar at the top of the website.
- 3Tap or click on the magnifying glass icon. This is to the right of the search bar.
- 4Tap or click on the correct profile. A list of profiles similar to the one you typed in will appear on the website. Simply click on the correct one.
- Keep in mind that this function is only available if the user has a public account.
- 5View their posts. Now just scroll through the user’s page to view all of their posts. If you want to see the caption or comments on a particular post, simply click on it.
- 6Click on (optional). If you want to download a certain post to your device, simply click on the red Download button underneath the post.
- While these three methods are easy ways to view someone’s profile, you will still have relatively limited functions without an account. You may want to create an Instagram account to have more autonomy, such as viewing a private account.
About This Article
1. Find a specific Instagram username.
2. Open a web browser on your computer.
2. Type in the Instagram profile URL.
3. Scroll through their Instagram.