😵😯😚 This article was co-authored by Lisa Shield. Lisa Shield is a love and relationship expert based in Los Angeles. She has a Master's degree in Spiritual Psychology and is a certified life and relationship coach with over 17 years of experience. Lisa has been featured in The Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, LA Times, and Cosmopolitan.
There are 9 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
This article has been viewed 37,441 times.
😵😯😚 We’re all probably a little guilty for flexing on the ‘gram from time to time. Who can blame you? Instagram is such a visually striking social media platform, it’s hard not to be impressed by some of the content out there. If you’re looking to boost the quality of your own content so you can impress a girl or two, you’re in luck! There are actually plenty of things you can do to take your profile to the next level. To help you do it, we’ve put together a list of tips and strategies you can use to capture her attention and keep her coming back for more.
1 1 of 14:Come up with a strong bio.
- It’s one of the first thing she’ll see on your profile. Keep your bio short and snappy, but make sure it gives her an idea of who you are and what you’re into almost immediately. If she’s into similar things, or if she admires the stuff you do, she might be impressed right away. Pepper in a few emojis to help liven things up as well, but don’t go overboard with it or you might come off as immature.XResearch source
- For instance, you could have a bio like, "Vegan for the animals. Gym freak. Music lover. Foodie."
- You could also have one like, "Family first" and a prayer emoji, and then "Martial artist" with a boxing glove emoji.
- If you're a guy, try having a girl read over your bio—they'll have a better idea of how other women will see your bio!XExpert SourceLisa Shield
Dating CoachExpert Interview. 13 December 2018.
2 2 of 14:Make your profile pic a good one.
- It’ll make you seem more personable and friendly. Use your actual face instead of a logo, avatar, or some other sort of image. Ideally, you'll want to go with a picture that makes you look good and where your face is clearly visible. That way, she’ll get an idea of what you look like as soon as she’s on your page, which may make her more likely to look around your profile and potentially be impressed by what she sees.XResearch source
- Go with a high-quality photo as well so your face isn’t all fuzzy.
3 3 of 14:Post fun and interesting content.
- Make your page a cool place to visit. You can try posting pictures of beautiful landscapes, cute animals, as well as yourself. Also try to include flattering photos that show off your best features and capture you doing different activities, such as working, hitting the gym, partying, and hanging out with friends and family. Capturing a wide variety of images from your life will make you look more well-rounded, interesting, and, well, impressive!XResearch source
- For instance, what girl doesn’t love puppies? If you have a dog, be sure to post a bunch of pics of your pooch.
- Avoid shirtless bathroom mirror selfies. It could make you look cocky or arrogant, which may drive a girl away from your profile.
4 4 of 14:Use high-quality images and fun filters.
- She’ll be impressed by your photo skills. Always try to use clear images in all of your posts. That includes even memes. Make sure all of your images look good and girls may be more likely to check out and spend time on your page.XResearch source
- Instagram offers a bunch of free filters you can use to make your photos look even better.
- Flex your clever and witty muscles. Just like with Instagram bios, short and sweet is the way to go. Try to come up with something relevant to the picture that adds an extra element and energy to it. It can be smooth and confident, cute and silly, or a little snarky. Just add a little more attitude to capture her attention.XResearch source
- For instance, the caption for a shirtless beach pic could be something like, "Life’s a beach, I’m just playing in the sand."
- You could also try a funny quote like, "There’s no doubt about it, I’m ready to get hurt again. - Michael Scott" under a photo of yourself.
6 6 of 14:Include some video posts.
- They’ll help show her more of your personality. Movement in your posts adds, well, movement to your posts! Your profile will look more dynamic and it’ll give any girls that visit your page more of a glimpse of who you are. They’ll be able to see how you move and what you sound like. Take advantage of every opportunity you have to impress someone on your page.XResearch source
- You can actually add multiple images to a single post, so maybe drop a short video or two into some of them.
7 7 of 14:Don’t forget your stories!
- Post there often to give her a sense of who you are. Instagram stories disappear after 24 hours and are a great way to give a girl a sneak peek into your daily life. Add content like the food you’re eating, the stuff you’re doing, and the people you’re hanging out with. She can watch your stories and get a sense of what you spend your time doing, and she might be super into it.XResearch source
8 8 of 14:Follow her if you don’t already.
- She might think you’re rude if you don’t. If there’s a specific girl that you’re trying to impress, one of the first things you should do is follow her profile. That way you’ll see her content when she posts it and you can do things like watch her stories and send her direct messages (DMs).XResearch source
- If a girl follows your profile, and you’re kind of into her, definitely follow her back!
9 9 of 14:Avoid mass liking her posts.
- It could give her the wrong impression. It’s totally cool to like 1-2 of her recent posts. And of course, when she adds new posts, feel free to like them. But really try to avoid going back and liking a bunch of older posts at once. She’ll know you’ve been looking through her page and she may not like it. Keep it cool and maybe don’t like more than 2 posts at a time.XResearch source
10 10 of 14:Post comments that make her respond.
- Ask questions or try teasing her to get her to reply. If you’re trying to engage with a girl, commenting on one of her posts is a great way to do it. Try framing your comments as questions or in a way that would make her want to respond to you.XResearch source
- For instance, if she posts a picture of one of her cats, you could comment, "Aww that’s so cute. Is that your cat?"
- If she posts a selfie, you could try, "So beautiful. You’ve got some killer photo skills!"
- You could also try, "There’s no way you ate that whole thing" on a post of one of her meals.
11 11 of 14:Respond to her stories.
- It can be a more natural way to start a conversation. One of the advantages of responding to stories is that your message is sent directly to her inbox rather than on her profile like a public comment. If she posts something to her story that seems like you could respond to it, go for it! It can be a short little exchange, but it may also blossom into a full conversation.XResearch source
- If she posts a picture of her food to her stories, you could respond with something like, "Looks delicious, did you make that?"
- If she’s into fitness and posts one of her workouts to her stories, you could respond with emojis of arms flexing or something like, "Get it!" She may like and respond to your messages.
12 12 of 14:Keep your DMs fun and playful.
- Stick to jokes, memes, and maybe some playful flirting. Girls can sometimes get lots of messages from people on Instagram, so if you come off as rude or creepy, she may ignore or even block you. Send her memes you think she’ll like or try sending some borderline flirty messages to see how she responds. If she’s into it, who knows, you could maybe even try asking her out IRL!XResearch source
- Avoid sending multiple messages in a row, especially if she doesn’t respond. It could really creep her out.
13 13 of 14:Pick a memorable username.
- It’ll make it easier for her to find and tag you. Your username, a.k.a. your handle, is that one-word lower case name next to your "@" symbol. Even if you already made one, you can customize it anytime you want! It can be up to 30 characters long, so craft a username that includes your own name or choose one that reflects your personality. Make it easy to remember, too.XResearch source
- For instance, if your name is Chris Smith, you could try for "@chris_smith1995." If you’re super into playing music, you could have one like, "@chrismusiclover."
- Try to avoid random or hard-to-remember usernames like "@chris546897."
14 14 of 14:Boost your follower numbers if they’re low.
- Use hashtags, shoutouts, and try tagging influencers. When a girl comes to your profile, one of the first things she’ll notice is how many followers you have. It’s just human nature. If you have more followers you look more popular, and may appear more impressive. Spend time using hashtags related to your posts, shouting out other users, and tagging larger influencers in your posts so more people can find and follow your page.XResearch source
- It can take some time, but if you commit to it, you can give your follower count a solid boost.
- ↑Lisa Shield. Dating Coach. Expert Interview. 13 December 2018.