😠🤥😉 This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff. Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow's Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards.
There are 8 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
This article has been viewed 92,280 times.
😠🤥😉 Summer vacation can be whatever you make of it, so make each day memorable by pursuing your interests. Whether it’s getting organized, staying fit, or socializing with friends, summer allows time for everyone to follow their passions. Get out your sunglasses, lather on some sunscreen, and get ready to have some fun!
Part 1Part 1 of 4:Staying Organized Download Article
- 1Make summer goals. You can try to fit everything you want to do into the time between now and the end of summer vacation. Make a list of your summer goals, noting which are the most important for you to get done. Prioritize goals that are the most essential to your happiness and health.
- 2Clean your room. If you notice anything messy around your house, organize that, too. You will feel more productive and relaxed when your environment is clean. Reduce your stress by eliminating clutter. Store loose items in containers to help with organization.XResearch source
- Going through old clothes can help you to reduce clutter. Donate any old clothing that you may have grown out of to help someone in need.
- 3Mark any important events on a calendar. If you are going on vacation, celebrating a friend’s birthday, or doing anything else exciting during the summer, take note of it on a calendar so that you can be prepared for each event.XResearch source
Part 2Part 2 of 4:Getting Active Download Article
- 1Go for a swim. If the weather is blazing, go swimming in your pool or at a local public pool. Another option is to go to the beach or to visit a nearby lake or pond. If those options aren't available to you, simply sit under a sprinkler to cool down.XResearch source
- Swimming helps to work your muscles that are often neglected during workouts, such as deltoids, triceps, and biceps.
- 2Go running. Make sure that you avoid running during the hottest part of the day, which tends to be from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the summer. Try running either before the sun comes up or after the sun goes down to stay comfortable. Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water after your run.
- 3Take a hike. Walk along a trail that has been marked, or blaze your own trail. Be sure to go with another person, and bring a phone or map in case you get lost. Hiking is an excellent form of exercise, but make sure you stretch before and afterward, and bring along a water bottle to stay hydrated.XResearch source
Part 3Part 3 of 4:Making Time for Friends Download Article
- 2Plan a picnic. Take a trip to the park or the beach with your friends. Lay out a big blanket and share snacks and drinks. Play some music on a radio or iPod to enjoy the afternoon.
- 3Cook a meal together. Find a recipe in a cookbook or online, and bake something with friends. Be sure to gather all of the ingredients first. Sometimes, cooking with friends is a recipe for disaster, but it always results in a great memory.
- If using the oven or cooking implements that don’t belong to you, be sure to first get permission.
- 4Explore! If you are traveling to another country or city, then go to many different venues and attractions. Don't restrict your visit to malls and restaurants. Ask people who live in the area for advice on what to see and do. If you are staying in your city or town during the summer, try to approach your own neighborhood as if you were a tourist. Try a new restaurant, take a walk, or go somewhere you have never been.XResearch source
Part 4Part 4 of 4:Relaxing Alone Download Article
- 1Watch television. Watch your favorite TV series on YouTube or Netflix. Summer is an excellent time to catch up on your favorite shows. Sometimes, the local library will also offer rentals of movies or television shows, so ask a librarian about these free rental options.
- 2Do some schoolwork. Some people have packets and papers from school that are due by the end of summer. If you're in the mood to brush-up on academics, do schoolwork. If you have a summer reading packet or a math packet, work on it during the course of the summer. You'll be more likely to remember what you learned if you do a little each day instead of waiting until the end.
- 3Read a book. Catch up on your reading during the summer. You can check out free books from your local library, and renew them if you need more time to read. Bookstores can offer deals on books during the summer months as well.XResearch source
- 4Learn a new skill. You can do that by taking courses online or taking a weekly class. Add to your knowledge by becoming fluent in a language, taking a dance class, or mastering a musical instrument. Try yoga or meditation classes if you want to work on aligning your mind, body, and spirit. Try a kickboxing or self-defense course if you’d rather get your adrenaline racing.XResearch source
- QuestionWhat if my period happens when there’s people around in pool or beach?Community AnswerYou can avoid problems by wearing swimwear that has inbuilt period protection or by wearing a tampon. If you do leak, just wrap your towel around you and get to the change rooms quickly.
- QuestionHow can I spend the vacation when I have no friends I can hang out with?Community AnswerGet creative, read books, learn a new skill or language, spend time with your pet, go outside and get active, etc.
- QuestionShould I still have a sleepover with my friends if I am a girl and he’s a boy?Community AnswerIf you are uncomfortable, you can invite a third friend. You can still have a boy-girl sleepover, just be sure to ask your parents.
About This Article
Enjoy your summer vacation by setting goals and doing plenty of fun activities like staying active and spending time with your friends. Start your summer vacation by creating some goals for what you want to achieve with your time. Prioritize the goals that you feel are the most rewarding to fulfill during your vacation. Stay active during your summer vacation so that you can make the most of getting outdoors. Go for a run, hit the beach or the pool, or take a hike to enjoy the sun. Try to spend some time with your friends so that you can make some great memories of your summer vacation together. Have a sleepover with your pals, make a picnic, or explore a new place to make memories that will last a lifetime. For more ideas on how to enjoy your summer vacation, like ways to enjoy alone time, read on.
Reader Success Stories
- "Very useful to maximize your time."